1. Collection of Personal Information
– the identity of Pimpernel Vineyards and how to contact us;
– the fact that he or she is able to gain access to the information;
– the purposes for which the information is being collected; and
– the fact that Pimpernel Vineyards does not disclose information of that kind to other organisations.
If it is reasonable and practicable to do so, we will collect personal information about a person from that person only. If we collect personal information about a person from someone else, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that the person is or has been made aware of the matters listed above.
2. Information You Provide Us
You may provide us with information about yourself when corresponding with us or when using our websites. Examples include:
– when you buy goods or services from us online, over the phone, or in person;
– when you enter a promotion or competition conducted by us (including via our Site, newsletter or through social media sites);
– when you register to use our Site or when you participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our Site; or
– when you contact us to request information about our company (including information regarding our brands, products or employment opportunities).
The information you give us may include, amongst other things, your name, age, address, email address and phone number, financial and payment card information.
– technical information such as your computer’s IP address and your browser type; and
– information about your visit such as the products you viewed or search for, the length of your visit and the pages that you visited
Cookies help us gather and store information about visitors to our Site. They help our Site remember items or information you selected or input on previous pages (to avoid having to re-enter information), and can help us to identify you as a unique visitor, tailor content based on past visitation and provide you with an optimised experience. Our cookies typically do not gather personally identifiable information.
4. Use of Personal Information
We will only use personal information for the purpose outlined at the time of the collection of the information (for example, if you have purchased wine from us). We will not use your information to market to you unless we have your implied or express consent. For example:
– if you purchased wine from us (or registered to do so), enquired about our products, or entered a promotion in relation to our products, we may imply your consent to receive marketing material about those products, or other products that we think will be of interest to you.
If you receive electronic communications from us, we will always provide you with an opportunity to unsubscribe from receiving further information from us. We may also use the information we collect from you when you use our websites (such as the areas of a website accessed by you and your IP address) to:
– administer our Site and to try and keep our Site safe and secure;
– help us gain a better understanding of your likes and dislikes so to improve our websites and the services we offer;
– allow you to participate in interactive features of our website; and
– make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our Site about goods or service that may interest you or them.
5. Our disclosure of your information
We will not disclose your personal information to third parties except:
– with your consent;
– where we are required or authorised by law to do so, for example to law enforcement agencies;
– where third parties appointed by us require access to personal information held by us to perform services (in which case we require that these contractors keep that personal information confidential and not use or disclose it for any reason other than the purpose of performing those services); or
– to our related companies, in accordance with the law.
Our Site may sometimes contain links to other websites. With the exception of other sites owned by us, we do not control the privacy practices of sites reached through links from our Site. If you have any questions about the privacy practices of those websites then you should contact the relevant companies directly.
6. Access to your information
You have the right to access and modify the personal information we hold about you. You can access and change your personal information by contacting us at email@example.com or if applicable, via the Site where you entered your personal information. We encourage you to contact us in order to keep your personal information up to date.
We take appropriate measures to keep your personal information secure. We have implemented appropriate physical and electronic procedures to protect the personal information we collect. If you have an account with us, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account details including your password, and are responsible for any activity under your account. We will not be responsible for any loss arising from your failure to comply with this obligation.
Due to its nature, transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will protect your personal data in accordance with this policy, we cannot guarantee the security of any data transmitted to our websites and any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security measures to try to prevent unauthorised access.
8. Information posted by you online
We do not recommend you post personal information on public areas of our Site. Such personal information is not covered by this policy. See clause 4 of our Terms & Conditions.
If you have any questions or concerns about our collection, use, or disclosure of personal information, or you wish to make a complaint in relation to our privacy practices, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.